Wednesday 11 May 2011

What have I learnt from this subject?




When I first heard about sem 4 students have to take this subject, I am quite impressed. This is because my seniors said that this subject is fun. Yet, it is. But unfortunately, no offense please sir, this the subject that I hate most in the universe. Why? Let me tell you this. I am not a critical person. I love to read and think about what I have read but to give an opinion about it,nahhh not my thing. However, I’ve wronged this subject unintentionally. Actually, this subject taught me a lot. Yes, a lot. With this subject, I finally learn how to use my brain wisely (not only to daydreaming). I remembered how I felt so down when I received my first assignment, short article on “The influence of Malay Heredity” by Tun Mahathir. I only got 5.7 over 10 where it was actually a redo assignment. First I started to hate this subject. Nevertheless, I am too not a give up person. For my second, third and fourth assignment I got 7.2 for (thinking folly), 7.8 for (men and women are merely players) and 7.9 for (the Jewish and their deceits). What an improvement! Even though not as smart and critical as other classmates, I feel good too. Unless my dear sir felt sorry and gave me better marks. Hope not so. At least I have something to be proud of. I HAVE LEARNT CRITICAL LITERACY. How critical do you think is that? Very critical, indeed. Thank you for making me learnt this. I am not regretting it but if you offer me to take this subject again, there is only one thing I want to say. “This subject is great, the lecturer is cool, whole things are great, thanks but no thanks”. Enough of critical literacy. I will always resemble this subject as my “once sweet companion”. J



No comments:

Post a Comment